Friday, December 13, 2013

The Times We Live In

I apologize for my longer than anticipated absence. Self publishing a book requires more time and effort than I thought. 
Patience, what's that?!

Since it's the holidays, and I missed y'all, I thought I'd do something different this year. I could contact my PR ladies, write about a bunch of fancy, amazing beauty products. Then, it dawned on me. The majority of us, me included won't indulge or can't afford them. These are crazy days we live in.
Gov't. shutdowns, Obamacare, 450 million dollar websites that don't work, Beyonce, KK and Miley Cyrus trending on social media, turmoil is everywhere. The world is a hot mess, and not so beautiful after all.
When I watched the coverage of Nelson Mandela's inspiring, honorable, legendary life and passing, my eyes filled with tears. Every single time, I could not help it. Overcome with emotion, the collective love and celebration. Beauty comes in many forms and unexpected places.
For the holiday season, I decided my personal challenge was to write, pick me up posts.
Not all cosmetic, and under a dollar. They may not be beauty related, but let's start there.
With a festive mini gloss, and some sparkling cheer. I use Sally Beauty's Mini Lip Gloss Wands, a lot. At $.99 cents, I give them away to clients.
A dollar and a dream may not seem like much, but thoughtfulness in a shimmery, raspberry gloss goes a long way.




http://www.sallybeauty.com/Lip-Gloss/SBS-388379,default,pd.html?green=EDAE233E-3BF2-50F9-053E-E77E7999D662&cm_vc=MYBUYS



No comments:

Post a Comment