Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Coat of Many Colors

I got to work with the uber-talented Stephen Dimmick, makeup artist extraordinaire. Stephen is one of the industry's best kept secrets and the next big thing. His finger approach to painting the face is old school modern and his mix of creamy texture and powder shadow on the skin is genius. I love watching great artists at work, it's inspiring. I asked if he paints? His response, "the face is my canvas." As he magically transformed the skin, the eyes, the lips it was true. It was as if the face had become a painting, only multi-dimensional and alive with color. Even Stephen's non-color approach is filled with color. He paints the face rich, exotic, and with many coats.

1 comment:

  1. stephen's brilliance exceeds that of most. trust me, this is only the beginning of his much deserved public recognition!!

    ReplyDelete