Friday, September 4, 2009

Ditch the Sunscreen

I decided to take a much needed city break and head out to the country. I admit that sometimes the vapidness of fashion, beauty & celebrity gets to me. At times, I hate the stupidity and shallowness of that world. I only half fit in it now. I have been on the beauty playing field for twenty years, once a star quarterback, sometimes watching from the sidelines and even the water girl. It's good to turn it off. The cellphone, Face book, email, Perez Hilton, forget about all of it. I have recently developed a Vitamin D deficiency, it's time to get back to basics. I swam, sat in the sun, wrote, read, cut the grass, played with a two year old, said goodbye to my faithful furry friend, ate Black Raspberry ice cream and planted a garden. It was quiet. It was real. It was nice, I could hear my thoughts. I ditched the sunscreen. Really? A former model turned make up artist ditches the sunscreen? Seriously? Sunscreen blocks the body's ability to produce Vitamin D. Vitamin D is necessary for good mental health. There is currently a nationwide Vitamin D deficiency epidemic. It's actually not a vitamin, it's a hormone and has the ability to affect more than 2,000 genes in the body. Think about it, 15 minutes and a supplement are all you need. So you can feel great & get back to business as usual. thehuffingtonpost./Dr. Soram Khalsa- Vitamin D Deficiency





Jackie Cioffa Makeup
Christian Di Lalla Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment