Thursday, February 3, 2011

“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.”



Mac Cosmetics in collaboration with DC Comics is launching their megawatt Wonder Woman Collection. OOOH, how fabulously funky. The packaging, the makeup, everything is oversized, pure cheeky, glamorous FUN. Linda Carter and her magic bracelets. I so wanted to be her when I grew up; tough, feminine, able to fight off villains, looking sexy and smoking hot. Mac's collection is huge, the products are over sized and the cartoon boxes bring me back to the 70's and the series. I'm holding onto my products, I'm sure the limited editions will be collectors items one day. I received the Mineralize Skinfinish in Pink Power, sold out online at Mac. The funky red and blue design, and the fact that the product is three times the normal size, is genius marketing. The collection and actual makeup are 100% Mac, the highest quality. There are three shades in Skinfinish's Pink Power compact, with subtle gold undertones. There is matte bronze, and two pearly highlighters, one gold and one pink based. Are you kidding me, it's the perfect combination of shades. The pink is pretty applied to the cheeks or even swept through the eye crease, and the gold looks stunning on the high brow, and high cheek. The textures are soft and light, not weighted or heavy. Don't get me started on the bronzer, with no orange undertones in sight, it may be my new go to spring, summer bronzing solution. Swipe the bronze across the forehead, down the nose under the cheekbones, and under the jawline. Voila, the shade is light enough to build your personal ray of sunshine. Lipglass in Secret Identity is a jumbo size, limited edition gloss in a copper shade with hints of pearl. Reflects Glitter in Bronze is pure pigment, delivering a wallop of color to save the day, and says,  "Look at me, I'm hot and sassy and pulling out the supercuffs in various MAC WONDER WOMAN shades." Thanks for giving me back my feminine powers, and favorite heroine to save the day.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/4782/index.tmpl

The collection officially launches in stores in America February 10th, but is already available online at MacCosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment